Australians love to travel, and each year about 4.5 million international departures occur, more than half to countries where vaccine preventable diseases are prevalent.
Our Doctors are able to source accurate and up-to-date information and provide appropriate travel medicine services for our patients. It is advisable to seek our advice 6 to 8 weeks prior to travelling. Our doctors will review your travel plans along with your individual medical history and other information, in order to provide tailored advice and treatment.
- Eating and drinking safely
- Insect avoidance
- Traveller’s diarrhoea management
- Dog bite management
- The need for travel insurance
Vaccinations recommendations will depend on your travel itinerary, current health status and your budget. In principle, it is important to:
- Update any routine vaccinations relevant to Australia
- Recommend any vaccines relevant to usual daily lifestyle and work
- Consider travel vaccines and make recommendations based on specific risk